[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Map Application
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Map Application 
SMP Moderator

Post Re: Map Application
the 512x512 is fine, it's just that the original operahouse is 256 high, not 128.

And I didn't choose to have that battleship map, xert made me do it >_>

Also, I'll be deleting sd_13 once I copy over the operahouse to the second level, so it'll be only two maps.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:19 am
Owner

Its true I kinda forced him into the battleship map >.<

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
SMP Moderator

Aight, I'll resize operahouse, but I'll just name it SD_13 to save typing while loading, and rename the current sd_13 to sd_temp.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:20 am
SMP Moderator

Sounds good.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 pm

OK so I dont have a picture, this is purely an imaginary concept. I will be landscaping the entire map, starting with a grassy green area, fading to water then eventually ending up in a volcanic area with a volcano, mid eruption with pools of lava randomly spread about. The grass area of the map will have a large castle with a city made in cobblestone, it will have a circular base, with 7 towers surrounding it. The city surrounding it will be composed of wood, (not wood planks) and will be arranged in a shape conforming to the landscaping, with the poorer people's houses on the outside building up with bigger, nicer, houses in the center finally ending in the castle. The houses will be more spread out as they go along so that the castle is slightly isolated on a cliff with a drawbridge leading to a main road (the castle will be on a outcrop of cliff so the city has to be across water it'll make more sense when you see it) in the city. To add more detail to the volcanic land there will run down shacks and a witch's house along with some under ground caves. thats about as detailed as I can get without you feeling like your reading a college essay:P. Any way I hope this gets accepted the whole reason I wanted to be advbuilder was so that I could get a map to do this. hope you'll approve! Thanks!

Oh almost forgot there will be docks with ships and boats along the coast of the green area, as well as a broken tattered ship on the volcano area and an abandoned mine shaft there as well! Any way once again thanks for taking a look at this!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:09 pm
SMP Moderator

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 am

Here is the photo I've drawn of what essentially the map will look like. (sorry the city drawing I did kind of sucks and isn't a good depiction. the drawbridge is fudged up too)

Attachments:
skys photo for apony.JPG
skys photo for apony.JPG [ 1.23 MiB | Viewed 7801 times ]
Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:42 am
SMP Moderator

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9