[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Map Application
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Map Application 

Post Map Application
Ok here is where to apply for a map,

Basicly heres how it works, First you must be an Adv Builder ingame and must have Adv Builder for atleast 2 days to apply. So you want a map for Architect and dont have the money to do it, well here you can by showing us what your going to be be building.

Process:

-Get an idea of what your going to build
-get a picture of it and post here along with that your plans are and how your going to be doing all of this like dimentions of the build.
-If the build is imaginary (harder to get) you will have to go into extrodinary detail of what it will have and tell us right down to the niddy griddy so we can kinda picure it in our mind of what it will look like.
-please no duble posting about it we promise you WE WILL SEE YOUR IDEA!
-If the Idea is approved by an Overseeing Operator or Admin and Xertimof you will get the map and you will start building for more info on what to do from there go to here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&p=144#p144
-Also Admins Reserve the right to revoke the map at any time for any reason.
-And finally in the final inspection if you map does not "cut it" or is not good enough the map is deleted ON THE SPOT NO EXCEPTIONS!

-Dan

Last edited by DanTheWoodMan on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:36 am

Post Re: Map Application
Hopefully going to be building Helms Deep ( Lord of the rings castle )

Pictures are as follows :

http://www.goliath.li/forums/HelmsDeep01.JPG
This gives me an outlook of what i will be building and what needs to be built.

http://gameterrain.info/photos/data/med ... sDeep2.JPG

Bigger picture of the castle i will be building , 2 different versions so i can get a variety of things.
I'm not sure of the dimensions , i normal go along with what I do , if its not looking right I start over and until it looks right.Making it I guess unique =]

Basically ill be using a lot of rock and sand to do the ground etc. , the outside I will try to look broken and old where it has been worn along with the inside that will look old. I will do the whole castle not just a little bit.Along with the battle side which is in front of the castle with the ladders etc. also the ditch that is in the middle.
If you need more pictures just ask i can find many.

If possible i will build the forest that stands behind the forest since i will have my own map.This forest is behind the battle side ( behidn the sand ) right at the back just to add effect i guess.

If you need more information tell me i guess ;o

Still learning to get better at photoshop ;x

Last edited by ownage1122 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:38 pm
SMP Moderator

I guess I couldn't do Moria since me and Goski are already making it on builder8. xD

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:56 pm

I will be making "Barad-dûr". [Sauron's Lair in LOTR (Lord of the Rings)]

Some Images:

This is the basic image of the structure I'm going to build.

This is what I'm gonig to use for details to the structure.

How I plan on building it.
Simply, I will use cobblestone for most of the structure, dirt or stone for the mountain part, Lava and obsidian for the eye, etc. I'll probably build a landscape around it, and a part of Mount Doom.

Last edited by ACommie on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Im gona do notre dome for my arch project :D

http://i.pbase.com/u15/andass/upload/21 ... 260760.jpg

http://edsphotoblog.com/wp-content/phot ... e_dame.jpg

http://image02.webshots.com/2/9/44/32/1 ... dMF_fs.jpg

My plan. to make it very big so i can do it as detailed as i can. and make a backround for it . like a little city around it :D

Johnam4 and theblindman are my soldiers

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:22 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

@ ACommie, ownage1122.

I hope you guys build the mountains not just the castle.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next