[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Nether Gear Theft
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Nether Gear Theft 

Post Nether Gear Theft
I stocked up on food and a few things to do a nether run, left all my items in 2 chests that specifically said "Nether Run, will empty tomorrow", and then I left because I had to go help my family with a chore. I come back, less than 1 hour after I left, and came to grab my items to store, and the 4 other chests are gone, with another chest saying "4 chests, not 8." This is a problem for 2 reasons. 1. I left a sign specifically stating I was going to empty them, and then that was rudely ignored. 2. They were in a hidden location in my store that only somebody with Xray could have seen it. Or someone who's been breaking into people's stores. I don't like this, because if this Xray feature is available to all moderators, some would cheat and use that to their advantage. (I'm not accusing, just stating a fact), and if there's someone able to prowl around in my store, even if it is a "trusted" moderator, then I have a huge problem possibly losing everything I have, or very valuable items because. Mods should have the ability to remove chests, but only if there is no signs involved explaining the situation. And if there's XRay available to mods, then there's a problem. If it's not meant to be a mod feature, somebody should be getting banned for hacking, even if it IS someone who's "trusted".

TL;DR: Two big problems; I lost my best gear, and someone may be using XRay illegally.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 pm
SMP Moderator

Post Re: Nether Gear Theft
1. You were warned several times that you're only allowed to have 4 chests, or 2 double chests in a shop. You ignored this several times as well. Even if you're going for a nether run, that doesn't give you the right to get more chests. Then you store them somewhere else, outside Bushos.
2. Nobody used xray, I think I can safely say that Slatie was in front of you at the time you placed the chest, while in /vanish. This is a legitimate move, as he was doing an operator check to see if everyone is playing according the rules.

Mods and Ops who play pvp are certainly not allowed to use xray.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:11 am

OK, now that I know it was a trusted moderator using mod privileges that aren't illegal hacks to keep the community safe, I fell slightly less cheated.

But, I do believe, I, Reg and Banana were the only ones online at the time...

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 pm
Owner

Mods can be online using Hidden mode you have no idea they are there so you could always be being watched ;)

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Owner

You can take comfort in the fact that I will never use the hidden mode ;)

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
SMP Moderator

Also in the fact that only Ops can use hidden mode. And not, as xert said, Mods.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]