[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - New Apocalypse Pony
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New Apocalypse Pony 

Post Re: New Apocalypse Pony
I vote for flying island spawn but mini parkours that don't give points but are tehre for fun and training

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:28 am

If I have to picture an appropriate spawn, I would go for a simplistic straight-forward spawn. (e.g. flying spawn) Just a small one to facilitate navigation, not cluttered and disorganised. A giant castle would suffice as a great themed parkour map, but, in my opinion, not as a spawn. In addition, easter eggs and astonishing views, like buildings and statues or whatever, can of course be used in spawn, as long as it, in a blink of an eye, is clear to new players how to start.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:39 am
SMP Moderator

I do have to agree I might have been a bit extravagant, I shall go back to the drawing board to propose a second.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:51 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

isn't going for a floating island spawn lazy?

Isn't a spawn suppose to first bring in the players, not make them think: "well, they made an floating island spawn, they are either lazy, or have shitty builders".
Yes floating stuff is awesome and what not, but true imagination comes from improvising in the distance, like making you to look at a sky-box for long enough to make you feel your'e in a different world. for example, Borderland the Pre-squeal, I look at the space station and Pandora long enough to make myself think, "Fuck, I was just there before".

My advice SD, stick with your castle, add some more open space, have a barren waste land of either hell or, a desert or something in the background to make the player feel something or rather.

we want players think that we have put a lot of effort into the server, not only in the maps, be across the entire server.

PS, if we do a vote on either a floating island or land based spawn, the floating island will win no matter what, because most of you bastards like simple shit.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:59 am

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:43 am

Ive found that floating islands spawns tend to discourage me more than a wide spawn. We even had a couple floating island spawn before, it was small but easy for new players to know where to go to but it wasn't as pretty or well done as other types of spawns Ive seen. I remembered a couple other spawns since Ive seen like the first one I saw had a long path the led to plots, hunger games, and survival. That was easy enough for players to follow. Perhaps when making a spawn, making paths to follow that leads to portals or whatever might actually help to tell newer players where to go would help.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:20 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

Attachments:
File comment: this isn't something you should make, more of use as an inspiration and what not
HNI_0011.JPG
HNI_0011.JPG [ 20.07 KiB | Viewed 26439 times ]

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:10 pm
SMP Moderator

After slaving for over 300 hours in ms paint I have created a rough basis on a new spawn idea. I will go with chubby's suggestion of keeping a castle but having a very open spawn. Perhaps add mountains waaay into the background to add some emphasis to the foreground. I could create a floating island with the mountains but have a LOT of detail to the structures (To the point where it isn't a simply eyesore). Simple, but intricate on its own accord.

Attachments:
idea.png
idea.png [ 26.93 KiB | Viewed 26434 times ]
Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:45 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

yeah nah I'm for having a somewhat large non-floating spawn with mountains around it (but with mountains at different distances, so not just a dirt wall with spikes)(Heck, this is minecraft. rainbow clay mountains!)

you spawn inside the castle, portals on the left, right, and center walls. (or however)
behind you would be the door of the castle.
outside there's a bunch of pretty stuff!
(which does little to nothing, or if it does have it right by the gate.)

ExtraTerrestrialAss?

Attachments:
File comment: cuz ms paint is the new thing
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 89.68 KiB | Viewed 26429 times ]

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:10 pm
SMP Moderator

Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next