[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Goski thread of stupid idea to increase donation/popularity
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Goski thread of stupid idea to increase donation/popularity 
SMP Moderator

Post Re: Goski thread of stupid idea to increase donation/popular

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 pm
SMP Moderator

In response to Idea 1, I agree with Blind, being able to keep track of score values is an important part of win/loss games, they attract people and lead them on to become better and win more. It would increase the amount of traffic the survival games gets.

However, on this note, it can also make games a bit more gayer. What with a defined goal and such, newer players begin to be disadvantaged as clearly better players begin the 'high and mighty' act, cockiness and arrogance can turn into anoying people, and in turn a whole bunch of problems evolves.

This however is returned by the equality sustained within the survival maps and the randomness seen with the chests and such. Plus there are already arrogant and clearly better players that already rules the game board.

Fuck all you people, I have better arguments with myself.

In the end it comes down to skill of the players and also the speed of the computers which some people play on. I myself have trouble keeping at a steady speed without my computer flipping upside down in a lag induced fit.

Maybe we should open up a few beginner/easier maps for people to start off in and get better? With better armour to increase game time for players. Maybe like a basic, small colliseum map with easy to find chests.

And in repsonse to Idea 2, If we let every noob break their wrists they would stop playing. We want to increase traffic not pulverise it.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

A little aderstisment.
Youtube.
To my knowledge Wadey has already done a clip for the RS map.
But i was thinking some people get together and make some clips showing what we do here, The fun enviroment *cough* and projects that us builders like to build.
I myself cannot do this because I do not have a 'in-computer camera' nor a Youtube account. So i cant host them. but i dont mind staring in them.

[im just throwing ideas out]

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:12 pm
SMP Moderator

Seems like a good idea, show off a bit of the server.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 pm
SMP Admin

I have CamStudio and I can use that to record some parts. After they are finished I can host them on plugins.apoc for someone who has the editing know-how and a YouTube account.

I will just need to know what to record.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
SMP Moderator

Good idea, but hate to break it to you it's gonna be lost in the 12,000 minecraft videos a day bragging about their server.

Best of luck, It'll get about 300 views.

But hey, it's the best idea we got!

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2