[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Towny + New PvP
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:05 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Towny + New PvP 
SMP Moderator

Post Towny + New PvP
Reht and myself both agree that a new pvp is for the best...

It's pretty hard for me to list everything on the spot so first I will put forward our idea and explain our reasoning:
- A fresh new pvp world first of all... This would allow us to build a proper rail system and a nice spawn with suitable structures.
- Introducing Towny and therefore Iconomy...

Pros:
-Allows people to work together more.
-Newbies can fit in easier.
-A place to represent you... allowing you to build whatever you like and guarantee it's safety.
-Allows our events to have purpose as we could have prizes of money or the like.
-An economy! People can open shops, we could arrange to have safe shop plots.
-We as a team (staff, mainly pirson lolol:p) know more about what we're doing now... so it'll be a lot more organised
-IT'LL BE PRETTY, NOT A MESS (no offense lolz)
Cons:
-Somewhat loses the hardcore style
-Need for teamwork. (I see as a good thing)

Obviously this is COMPLETELY open to suggestions and things like Towny are customisable.
Also, tell me more pros and cons.

EDITS:
Expanding on the shop idea, we were thinking of small rooms within the spawn that could be bought for an amount which opens up a small room for you with 1 single chest. The cost of another chest would then increase with the more you have. Obviously we don't want people just using the shop at spawn for their homes.

Last edited by Samovski on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:13 pm
SMP Admin

Post Re: Towny + New PvP
Let me also point out with a new PvP we would be able to set world limits.
This means you won't have to search for hours to find one noob in leather armour.
We would have a rail-way around the border for fast and save travel.

Samo touched on having a place to represent you. Want a shop at spawn that's protected? No problem.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:21 pm
SMP Moderator

Post just to take over reht's posts.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:25 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

Loving it.
I am fully open to help out with the build on the townie thingy mic-bob
If its buildt near water, EVEN BETTER :D

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:21 am
SMP Moderator

Just incase anyone is confused, Towny and Iconomy are plug-ins.

See these:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/towny-advanced/

http://iconomy.nexua.org/Main/Commands
http://ico.nexua.org/Main/Permissions

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31 am
SMP Moderator

I stand open for all new kinds of cool stuff. It would be kinda sad to see my stuff go, though. Not that I really mind, as I would just start again.
As for the shops, how exactly are those going to work? With like, you click a sign with rmb to buy something, and with lmb to sell something? Or Manually?
As for protected shop plots; with Iconomy you can let people pay for those spots. So there won't be all spam-plots with useless stores.

I'm okay with Towny, but are chests in towns going to be protected? If so, I disagree with towny.

Also, I'd love to help building the new spawn.

-Sevv

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:35 am
SMP Moderator

Your answers, SevV:

- The shops will be player-run, only the owner can open the chests and the buyer would use /money pay [amount] at the agreed price. Then the goods handed over.

- The plan was that you would purchase the shops using the iconomy currency. And to each chest added, the price is increased quite dramatically. The buying and upgrading of shops will be run by OP's.

- Chests can be opened in towny, however blocks are not breakable, so placing a block over a chest prohibits the opening of it.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:14 am
SMP Moderator

Sounds good to me! Looks like a server I played on long time ago, except this is with pvp

Also, will there be ranks within the city? Like, Mayor, Guard, Civillian, etc etc (I could come up with a list)
What also would be cool, is town-chats. So you do like /ch [townname] and then every in that town can read what you say, and not those who aren't in it.

I also got bear's opinion, he doesn't really like losing all he got, but he did have an awesome idea for a town for me and bear and whoever we invite.

Last edited by Sevodactyl on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:19 am
SMP Moderator

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:25 am
SMP Moderator

So, when will the building start?

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:38 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next