[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Re: My design of New spawn
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Re: My design of New spawn 
V.I.P. SMP Player

Post Re: My design of New spawn
So here is my spawn design I dug up myself. (Screenshots attached)
So this is my personal design for the New spawn. Its large and a village for players to explore and do some RPG'ing with freind while waiting for something to happen.

::Portal locations::

>Spawn area: So when you join the server or enter this map, you spawn on the ships. This gives the feeling that you have just arrived to island.

>PvP; is located in the fort next to the port. The fort resembles Protection of private lands.

>Public creative; is the construction site in the far corner of the map. This is to show the creativity of people and construction of Buildings (Used to be the light house) [Edited]

>Duel Arena and Parkour map; are at the look out point infront of the house on the hill. These where a quick place.

>Builder only area; is the house on the hill, with the portals Tropica, Builder survival and RS map are within the building.

::Information::

The reason why each portal is spaced out between each other is to get the players Moving around the spawn.
On the current spawn map, I have noticed that Players just stand around the island doing nothing, or looking at the Survival games board being afk.
The PvP portal is closest to the spawn location because its one of the most maps visited. the Duel arena and Parkour portals are on the other side of the island is to get the player moving accross the island. (as noted above)

I am open to feed back about this island. I will not edit anything excluding the Light house. :D

Attachments:
File comment: The new and improved Portal building for
Public creative (Plotworld) was the light house, Now a construcrion site.

Spawn Portal, Public Creative.png
Spawn Portal, Public Creative.png [ 233.68 KiB | Viewed 5574 times ]
File comment: Spawn Screenshot 2, Top veiw
Spawn 3, Top veiw.png
Spawn 3, Top veiw.png [ 1.66 MiB | Viewed 5577 times ]
File comment: Spawn Screenshot 1
Spawn 1, SW veiw.png
Spawn 1, SW veiw.png [ 1.55 MiB | Viewed 5577 times ]

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:48 pm
SMP Moderator

Post Re: Re: My design of New spawn
Yes. This please. So much win.
Portals to maps on different locations are so much better than portal rooms. Reminds me of the small floating island.
Please do.
pls.
srs.
Pls.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:58 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

people are to lazy to walk! :P
[thats... really pretty :3]

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:17 am

Jep, This. Way better atmosphere for new folks.

I still prefer a flying island, but this is good as well.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

This can be done as a Floating island, Just need to remove the water and replace the ship with a flying ship
:D

I think i shal do that now :P
Oh and the buildings have objects inside of them for detail.

[Edited]
okay I have edited the island. It now floats. And I have added a propeller to the ship. Screenshots are below.

Attachments:
File comment: A Random image, I Thought I would play around with the Timelock command and get an awesome screenie of the moon with the John Smith texturepack
Spawn, night, Texturepack.png
Spawn, night, Texturepack.png [ 971.31 KiB | Viewed 5560 times ]
File comment: Look at thebanana17, Trying to see if xertimof Survived the fall.
Spawn Floating 2, low SW veiw.png
Spawn Floating 2, low SW veiw.png [ 768.11 KiB | Viewed 5560 times ]
File comment: Okay here is the island, I nice High veiw of the place, as you can see, xertimof and thebanana17 are at the helm.
Spawn Floating 1, High SW veiw.png
Spawn Floating 1, High SW veiw.png [ 989.26 KiB | Viewed 5560 times ]

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:18 pm
SMP Moderator

Gotta smoothen it then.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:40 pm

The idea is excellent. My only question, when will it become our spawn?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:30 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

To Banana, Dont know.
To Sev, Dont know how to smoothen it when its upside down. ( I realy dont want to do it by hand :P)

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:39 pm

It looks great compared to the current one.
It also would make people not to stand around looking like idiots at one place XD

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:12 pm
SMP Moderator

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next