[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Single player Raiding Party
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Single player Raiding Party 
V.I.P. SMP Player

Post Single player Raiding Party
THIS POST IS NOT RELATED TO SMP, BUT IS ABOUT MINECRAFT

After many days of being bored, i thought i fortify a village for the lolz in the latest minecraft snapshot 13w22a
But this small lolz build turn into a weird, raiding party for mobs.

after a couple of days playing around and making my walls very effective against assaulting mobs, i thought ill turn it into a minigame thingie.

Objective:
Defend the village AND the walls AND your life as every night 15+ zombies and skeletons attack your wall. (the village is surrounded with the walls, but only one section of the wall gets raided every night)
The world is in creative mod, so if you want to edit the spawners to spawn different mobs (like Zombie pigmen (hue hue)) go for it, this map was NOT used with World edit, its all done with redstone. (the spawner is 2 dispensers with a loop and the dispensers are hooked up to chest packed full of spawn eggs)

The wall is 4 blocks thick, with a cavity inside to allow movement inside, and archer slits to fire out of. while there is a tower in the corner for hight longshots and the walls with battlements (and muder holes).
The outer wall of the fort walls has 3 double layered wooden doors for the zombies to attack and gain entry to the village.

you spawn in a house with all you need. A double bed (hint hint) alot of chests, ingredients for potions, a working fridge, 2 anvils, 4 chests (single) full of enchanting books.
and last but not least, a XP generator, for those people that like cheating and making over powered weapons.

Out side of the "Wall" there is a minefield (dispenser minefield (so you dont need to reloads it all the damn time)), and my own invention, "upper-Cut" arrows, (3 dispensers, when triggered, will shot arrows upwards, into the mob's arse)

If you would like the map, First, reply to this post say something like "GIMME THE FUCKING MAP!" and your active email address. (if you don't want to give out your email address to everyone, just private message me your email address), and when i get around to replying, i will personally email the Zipped world to you. (No charges(yet))

I am not willing to create a PMC account and post it there because I cannot be bothered doing so, and i don't want my creations to be copied righted and re-posted under a new name saying that they created this mini game and take all the credit (This stuff drives me up the wall)

And since this world is in creative mode, I myself allow you, the player to edit how it looks, But i do not want you to re-post it as your own creation. (unless you created your own from scratch) Just, please dont re-post this map to the rest of the world. ( you can SHOW your irl friends tho) If you do repost your own design, please say that your design has no relations to mine. K thx bai

P.S. Since its my bedtime and what not, ill re update this post with images and what not.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:25 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

Post Re: Single player Raiding Party
Yeah, i've played maps like this before... [i think i did in alpha... might've been beta.]
probably more fun with ... or at least ?
Summary: Zombiecraft makes zombies come in waves, and you can buy guns.
Awareness makes zombies smell your blood [if hit, makes blood texture on the ground], hear pistons, go toward light and other zombies.
basically making hordes. Also, they are faster and know how to climb ladders/vines!

TL:DR?! game harder. zombies smarter.

I mean uhm, i will have the map. why not just pm map link?

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 am

I've made a minigame exactly like this with redstone, waves, and controlled spawns.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 am
Owner

I have an idea that kyle could probably code is have 4 - 5 players set in identical strongholds and have to hold off waves of monsters for as long as possible and the last one to die wins the match! :D

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
SMP Moderator

Or have one massive castle with everyone in the same castle, all defending against the incoming waves.

Something like MW: Zombies

With the amount of zombies per wave proportional to the amount of people who decided to play.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Challenge Accepted. Give me a month.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:08 pm
SMP Moderator

That would honestly be fucking awesome to have on the server

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:48 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

yeeeah it's not really that fun with vanilla zombies imo :/
[though basically i want them to be faster and be able to pathfind over, and cross gaps. >:D]
@xert that doesn't sound very... multiplayer based... unless you can see the other castles & players. :P
@slatie Zombiecraft is based on CoD:zombies, I'm guessing MW:zombies is the same/similar...

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:08 am

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 am
SMP Moderator

ew superflat.
at least make it plains

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next