[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - New pvp (mebbe) and SG maps
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 New pvp (mebbe) and SG maps 

New PvP? (no re-voting)
Yes 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Wait for 1.7 80%  80%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 15

New pvp (mebbe) and SG maps 
V.I.P. SMP Player

Post New pvp (mebbe) and SG maps
My boredom has been increasing over the past couple of days, and i can see that nothing has been happen on the server (not that i know of)
So I was think, sense its 1.6.2, and our current PvP map is getting kinda... Gay.
New PvP world maybe?

If this was going to happen, then we can do what we did last time with the old pvp;
One inventory to be transfused over per player.
And if you have a city, Depending if its all right with xertimof and all the other Operators (excluding me sense im bringing it up) is that the Mayor and MAYOR only gets the same amount of money in the town bank and the players stay in the city.
The owner can come into the new map before it open to select where to build there town then someone like me will go though and build one house per citizen in that town where the owner/mayor has desinated and claimed the Exact same amount of chunks as of their old town.

(If I allow like the mayor or owner to build the houses, then the houses will be different, (and may contain illegitimate items) But if I build the houses, they will be all the same, consisting of the same basic material: Wood with the same size and proportion).

Money should stay the same. if it doesn't, quickly write down how much you have and tell an op how much you have lost and well top ye up, But you must be 100% honest on how much you have lost, if we have noticed that you have faked the amount you have, An op will revoke ALL (down to 0) money.

If you have any question or would like to add something, do the usual, Type your lame ass idea below.
When the poll is significantly large with "yes" then ill come back later with a poll on what sizes. (please list what sizes you would say would be good below with your reply)

Okay onto SG...

We're lacking maps. that is all.
Thinking that all Structural Builders pitch in and help out create more SG maps, because FUCK! those maps are old as xertimof. (and you know how old xert is DAY-UM!)
With the SG maps, If you have an idea, post it with a new thread so that we can discuss it and plan who does what.

Last edited by NEWchubbyfatman343 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

added anougher poll question

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:46 am
SMP Moderator

Post Re: New pvp (mebbe) and SG maps
If we added chests the mall arena would make a good SG map I think.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:28 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

@Theblindman
Just need to added a large parking lot outside and maybe to make the map larger.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:34 am
SMP Moderator

If we got to have a new PvP, that should happen AFTER 1.7 is on the server because of the new world gen features. Also I think we should have a fresh start (everything reset), I think we should not have a bigger world, but just have no rails so it's harder to hit the edge and we should keep towny (somebody suggested it removed).

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:33 am
Admin

i dont think there should be a fresh start, well, not in the way freek said, its just really dissapointing to see everthing a person worked for dissapear in seconds, this isnt a 15 minute game round we play, these are months of work, atleast keep balances obviously freek, whoever wants to do a fresh start can do so on their own, but i still say we wait for 1.7

A̬͕͙̦͎̖n̲͖̗d̻͉ ̺ͅth̟̞̘̮͉͇ͅe̲n̰̻̼̻̪̼̯ Xert said, w͇̻̬ẖ̫͈y̝ ̫̳̰͖no͉ͅt?
so it was, b͍̳u̫͖̞̣t̹̠ ̤̻̥̼̱͇t̻̮͇̳̦̼̱h̘̫͚͈̝͎̰en it fucked up.
͉b͓̣̙ͅut̰ ̮̬̹t̖he̫ṇ a̟̬͉̜̝̰͔ga̖̝̬in, what doesn't fuck ̮up a͉̖̠r͕̙͕͈o̫̗̯un̠͇̮̝͇d here?

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:47 am
SMP Moderator

Nobody is going to do a fresh start if everybody else still has inventories filled with diamondblocks and a shitload of money, also keep in mind I am one of the richer players (so no 15 minutes for me...) on PvP and that the balances got effed up several times.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:51 am
Owner

I say nobody keeps anything just start fresh its more fun for everyone to start off on a level playing field.
but we should wait for 1.7 once that is out you can generate a world keep it 6000x6000 and instead of rails we could have portals maybe to the corners of the map and put 4 towns in the corners and 1 in the middle? this time maybe? could be interesting :P

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Owner

And maybe some of the cool builds / towns can be moved to eldaria for nostalgia

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:37 am
Profile WWW

^all that

Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:11 pm
SMP Moderator

I agree with Xertimof and Freek, if there is going to be a new PvP, then it needs to be a fresh start.
To encourage newer players to get involved, then it would be better on a level playing field. Plus that helps balance the ideas of all the towns that got lost. In a new PvP, town Decay needs to be disabled, that was a bad choice to keep that in play the first time.

The last time we got to move over inventories it gave players huge advantages as is was, and didn't take long for players that were already on top to get back to the top again.

Also a new economy system, i've been looking at a plugin called Hyperconomy that i've also suggested on the suggestions topic thingy, Josh also suggested a plugin called ShopChest (Josh will correct me, I've forgotten it already), any thoughts or feedback on this would be great, The Hyperconomy plugin I saw in use on another server, it uses a global bank system that alters the price of items according to the amount of items in existence, so to get this working (if it were implemented) the system would need a clean start. I'm not totally sure how it works or how to manage it, and I hope to look into it further.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next