[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - A few thoughts on Towny and money
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A few thoughts on Towny and money 
SMP Moderator

Post A few thoughts on Towny and money
Hello everybody,

Recently I was thinking about how Towny was setup and what could be better, because of this, I want to open up a few suggestions for discussion.

When somebody makes a town, it will be put to public and everybody can see where it is unless it gets changed, I suggest disabling the homeblock coords by default. (put 'default_public:' to 'false')

I also found out that towny can have a teleport cooldown, I suggest this gets used and put to 5 seconds just like the other ways of teleporting. (put 'teleport_warmup_time:' to '5')
Also It's possible to just turn off town teleportation altogether but I'm not sure if others agree with that.

Another suggestion is disabling the mob removal (when mobs enter the town they get removed if mobs are disabled) this would bring back the purpose of walls.

I also think the towny prices should be upped significantly, I think upkeep should be increased from 10 to 15 and claiming chunks from 25 to 50, in gold. Maybe more or less, not sure how it would work out if we get a totally new economy.

Oh, and maybe a way to get money by PvPing

Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:16 pm
SMP Moderator

Post Re: A few thoughts on Towny and money

Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm
Admin

not a bad idea, i say mobs entering seems like fun idea, but then again, building and rebuilding walls isnt very fun as you expand, also, you forgot to discuss nations, i say nation cost should be lowered, just be be a little more acessibl

A̬͕͙̦͎̖n̲͖̗d̻͉ ̺ͅth̟̞̘̮͉͇ͅe̲n̰̻̼̻̪̼̯ Xert said, w͇̻̬ẖ̫͈y̝ ̫̳̰͖no͉ͅt?
so it was, b͍̳u̫͖̞̣t̹̠ ̤̻̥̼̱͇t̻̮͇̳̦̼̱h̘̫͚͈̝͎̰en it fucked up.
͉b͓̣̙ͅut̰ ̮̬̹t̖he̫ṇ a̟̬͉̜̝̰͔ga̖̝̬in, what doesn't fuck ̮up a͉̖̠r͕̙͕͈o̫̗̯un̠͇̮̝͇d here?

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:02 pm
SMP Moderator

I will roll with this, they're all good ideas.

And I wouldn't worry about rebuilding, creeper explosions would still be disabled, unless someone where to start up a post/poll and get enough people who want 'splosions back, but I personally would like it kept the way it is.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:14 pm
SMP Moderator

^he means that if he wants to expand a town, he gotta destroy what he made as wall first.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:12 am
SMP Moderator

Oh right, town's don't necessarily need to have walls, but players will have to ensure some safety precautions about their towns, walls being one, more permanent option

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:35 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

I do say that set rules and regulations should be set for all towns that all shall abide to. kinda like laws, rights and all that legal stuff. and it would be glad that when it is stated, we can go back to re-fur [spelling error?] it when it comes to shenanigans like a inter town war, inter player hatred/vendettas, city alliances and trading (maybe). but of course, it needs to be fully typed up, agreed by all* and displayed to all players here on the forums. this law/rights thingie will NOT affect how a town is managed and what and what not the resident can do. That is up to the mayor. this legislation type thing Is to aid us ops/mods on controlling inter-town/player vendettas, Inter city alliances and trading.

*I was thinking that we operators and moderators put our thoughts forward (with an open mind and clear thoughts and don't bitch about that guys idea, just state why it wouldn't be a good idea and then state how you would interpret it, kinda like a friendly political debate), then someone will go away and type it all up, and have a mayor poll on it if you agree or disagree (while that person must state what they don't like and see if us op/mods and find a loop hole around it).
-This is my opinion for controlling and supervising towns and stuff, it doesn't need to be added ofc-

and money for PvPing might be a good way for getting money, like once in a while, we could have a tournament (if enough players are present) through SG and who wins get a set amount of $$, or if you kill someone in pvp, you get like 2$ for killing them (you can get more $$ by selling there loot) or other way of getting money if you're poor and cant seem to get enough $$.

Screw portals, go find a horse and use it.

p.s; I like big posts :D

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:04 am
Admin

I agree with chubby on the portals thing, no portals, railroads whatsoever, please. it makes the map seem so much bigger.

also, you're all forgetting about plots, embassy plots and such, we should have those sorted out aswell

͉b͓̣̙ͅut̰ ̮̬̹t̖he̫ṇ a̟̬͉̜̝̰͔ga̖̝̬in, what doesn't fuck ̮up a͉̖̠r͕̙͕͈o̫̗̯un̠͇̮̝͇d here?

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:47 pm
SMP Moderator

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:53 am
Admin

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next