[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Its 2014, something new I say
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Its 2014, something new I say 
V.I.P. SMP Player

Post Its 2014, something new I say
-----Intro Start-----
I do say my good chaps, I do believe its time for a new spawn. Indeed.
Below is my first concept, This is not final, but this topic will be based around a new spawn, Please put your idea forward here.
Here we will all put forward an idea, and we all, as gentlemen give feedback on said idea.
This topic is a Concept topic, where we find a few good design and mash them together to make a development that will lead to the final solution.
After a few concepts have been select by you guys, I will go away and make a few adjustments, make a few models and let you guys comment. then continue from there.
Please don't make something complicated and large. We need it simple, so we don't have guest going "wtf!? where do I go" and say "Where's survival!!!?"
---Brief---
Nothing large, and confusing, cant be a maze or labyrinth. I don't want images of any historical or Game related images. But they can be used as references to design style.
Must contain Portals to PvP and Creative, and an area offset that is dedicated to mini-games. Mini-games will NOT be accessible via a teleport system.
Please come up with your own ideas and concepts. If you can make up your ideas, Find spawns that you like and post them and these will be stated as a Reference document.
If you can, please reference any external images/ideas so that i can refer to that to get a personal look.

---Rules---
Just a few rules to quickly follow;
1. Don't be an arse hole, reply nicely with purpose
2. When forwarding a design, please do supply an annotated image. doesn't need to be flash. And can be an in game screen shot, it can even be xertimofs Mother.
3. When giving feedback, please quote who you are talking about, so that we can refer back to that post.
4. No one here is right, or wrong, nor is any design final. That will come later.
5. make sure that you give a brief about your concept,

To notify what design/conept you like the most, please follow these step;
1. First start with quoting the replier
2. Type "Like" and "dislike" with atlest 2 lines distance on the lines below the quotation of your post. with a font size of "Large". then below the 'Like', please input your positive features about said post, same goes with 'dislike'.
3. After typing your likes/dislike, then type in the following "personal opinions", (with font size large) and as per the title states, do what it says.
4. after all that, you can type what ever you would please.
(~ Like/Dislike/Personal Opinions is not in a set order.)
Below is an example;

Quote "Bob; my badarse house!"

Dislike
"Hate all that brown shit on the floor"

"All that red shit on the roof is so fucking badarse"

Personal Opinions
"Needs more Brown on the floor"

-----Intro End-----
okay onto my starter concept.
Server spawn map.png
Server spawn map.png [ 13.46 KiB | Viewed 6691 times ]

Builders can use /warp to get to their maps, aka Eldaria and Build plots.
Floating island, over due nice and simple, no bullshit, may be steam punk themed or space theme, either or, we need it to float.
Steam punk is new to me, and space it old for me. Always good to try.
Blue = portal
Dark grey = edge of island.
Area outside will be for side spawn game like parkour and other shit. a shrine will be allocated on a separate floating island overlooking main one. accessible by all, will be accessible via walking.
Important shit is there so who do I care. Based of the original floating island spawn design used back in the day.
Basicly this design is to flow, your first option is pvp since it is closest, then you go to creative then onto the mini-games. Rule would be of course next to the spawn.

PS; IGNORE ALL SPELLING ERRORS YOU DICKS.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:29 am
SMP Moderator

Post Re: Its 2014, something new I say
What would the dimensions of your spawn be?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:03 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

hmm, thats a good point, I havn't come to that conclusion yet. I think it would be around the same size as the old floating island spawn.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:27 pm
SMP Moderator

In that case I like everything

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Now that I'm gone you're finally creating a floating spawn :O!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:08 am
SMP Moderator

there you go. this is what i want. i dont want you to agree, nor disagree. i just want to discuss spawn ideas till the end of time

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:15 am

Maybe not "void" per se.

Maybe we could make a fun free-to-explore landscape.

or. you know.

not do that.

:(

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:59 am
SMP Moderator

I've started on my own idea of spawn, based on your drawing

I've also copied the island base right next to this, if you want to use it

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:05 pm

noice

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:05 pm