[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - The post you've all been waiting for.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The post you've all been waiting for. 
SMP Moderator

Post The post you've all been waiting for.
Yes that is right ladies and gents, the new PvP map is drawing near completion.

Chubby and I have been working hard, and we hope to get this map up and running this week.

The set time for start up will be at 10.00am GMT+12, on Wednesday the 22nd. (Three days from now) (So that'd be late Tuesday for most of you I think?)
We are still working out a few kinks and tidying things up, I will be getting on after work tomorrow to get as much done as I can in the mean time.

Any questions/concerns can go below, or mail me in game, I will be checking both forums and server between now and then.

P.S. Set date may change depending on wether or not the map is set up to full completion or if concerns postpone it's arrival
P.P.S I personally will not be on at 10.00 when the server is opened up, to ease any concerns about me using the start date to get in early (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who would have that concern anyways)

Cheers. Slatei :P

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:48 am
SMP Moderator

Post Re: The post you've all been waiting for.
splendid

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:42 am
Owner

YAY I am excited :P

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:56 pm
Profile WWW

couldnt do it on a weekend so we'll all have the chance to rid th world of diamonds before SevV gets them all?

Also; questions:

Plugins? ie: Towny, iConomoy, etc.

World Size?

Spawn Size?

Special Things? (Portals to corners of map, rail system, etc.)

Biomes in the map. This one is important. Is there one of most types of biome in the map? ie: Mesa, Extreme Hills

Shops. Will these still be used? Rehtims used to be in charge, and he... *ahem* took a leave of absence. (any news on him?)

Anything else we should know before the date?

EDIT: Wait,waitwait. I'm EST -5.

+ 12 - (-5) = 17

You're 17 hours ahead of me. Right?

Does that mean that this will be released 5PM EST?

Wot

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:03 pm
SMP Moderator

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:51 am
SMP Moderator

Although SevV has already beaten me to some questions:

The new PvP will be using Hyperconomy and chest shop plugins, the hyperconomy has already been opened to players to use, the chest shop will really be the only new thing

Portals to the corner of the map is something I would like, but they would have a charge on them to use. There will not be any fast travel when the PvP opens, but if issues arise as the map moves on, it may be rediscussed
As for regions inside the map, the spawn region will only extend underground a certain distance, so it will be possible for people to dig things like tunnels underneath the spawn (Just not around it above ground)

Shops will still be maintained by ops setting up the rooms for players under request (as there is no automatic zoning system yet), but this flaw is accounted for with the hyperconomy shop system, where you don't need anyone online to buy/sell items.

As for when I decide to open it, there is no way that I can open it that will cater for everyone, and because EnviousHost is having trouble with their servers, the open date may be pushed later a bit.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm
SMP Moderator

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:00 pm
SMP Moderator

Update:

Due to the downtime, I've pushed the open date forward by 24 odd hours. I will be working on setting up the server and PMC so that it can all be up and ready to go in about 26 hours from the time I posted this message.

Cheers.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:10 am
Owner

Ew thats like 6am my time :(

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
SMP Moderator

The idea was to start 'er up when the server is at it's quietist

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next