[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Builders...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Builders... 
Contributor

Post Builders...
I believe as a stupid suggestion... That all builders should have 1 designated map to make one huge and amazing build, I.E. Something of this volume http://boards.420chan.org/vg/src/1345077608273.jpg I think that mods can help as well and even you Xert if you desire, But this is just an idea and as the builders rotate it can keep getting increased in volume and design! just an idea :'D

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:13 pm
SMP Moderator

Post Re: Builders...
I feel like it would just become a giant box and/or a squarish cobblestone castle, that seems to be what most builder cooperative builds become.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:25 pm
SMP Moderator

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:48 pm
Contributor

So we ain't gonna do it?
I mean we could use these forums and the game itself for our plans and other people could critique it, anything said in the game must be put in here or you are kicked off the project... and anyone who can't build anything other squares won't help either, I can do this if I had enough space, patience and time... X'D

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:17 am

Im in,
only if people that participate are approved by our Epic builders

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:06 pm
Contributor

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:46 pm
SMP Admin

I think this is a GREAT idea. This has occurred to me when I was trying to make crazy redstone contraptions. The problem is that there is simply not enough room for these types of things. The problem with individual worlds is simply the memory need to support them AND the rest of the server. Although there is 3 gigs of RAM allotted for us, there is only so much it can hold. For example. the plot world has over 600 chunks, so does the new PVP world. At time of posting, the server has on average ~300MB(+-300) of memory available at any given time(we have run out of memory a few times in the past weeks). So let's do some math. If I have 6 builders, all with separate maps(they may have helpers, but regardless), I'll figure they wont get too big probably ~200 chunks, so right there is 1,200 chunks. This simply a lot of memory for such a small group. Whereas the plot world may have 600 chunks but the amount of people who can use it is that much higher.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:28 am
Profile WWW
V.I.P. SMP Player

this is a good idea, but how Pirson puts it, it will take the shitz out of us. Thats why we use the Builder only map! (tropica) and of cource, build some SG maps for those bloody noobs and guest.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]