[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - HyperConomy
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 HyperConomy 
SMP Moderator

Post Re: HyperConomy
Good point...but I say only a few designated people can appoint house building projects, like say 3 people max can build so that maintenance is minimal.

Or just scrap that can create a post-soviet concrete town where they rent run down apartments and customize it while a Big Brother dictator watches them at all times to maintain towns.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:19 am
SMP Moderator

This was why I said they could only buy houses to decorate in the towns. If the four different towns are four different styles of buildings then they could pick the town they like best without disrupting the theme of the town or taking away from the appeal of starting a new town.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:18 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

@chub yeah it's nice to see the pretty terrain....

...that is entirely ruined by every noob that builds/breaks stuff 10 blocks from spawn...

but yeah I like the idea of gravel paths and them not being the fastest way so people remake them a bit.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:34 pm
SMP Moderator

Make em cobble paths then?

At least then they are the tiniest bit harder for people to break

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:00 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

and uglier, so people will replace the material.
Brilliant! :P

Actually, if it's just cobble they aren't going to be stealing it... jus grif.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:19 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

hay if they greif the road, they banned.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:58 pm

jiineuz

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:29 pm
SMP Moderator

So, i've been looking into this plugin on my dev server a little more, here's how it works:

The plugin itself uses a hyperbolic curve money system (As items stock increase, the prices of the items tend toward 0, so they get cheaper, and vice versa) however, when the plugin is first implemented, there is no stock for any of the items. So to avoid numbers being super complicated and so they don't become infinitely expensive, the plugin needs a certain amount of items in stock, before the prices start to work with the hyperbolic curve

E.g: Start price for stone maybe be about $25 per block (which is ridiculous) and there needs to be maybe 500 stone blocks in the stock before the prices start to adjust correctly (they will then drop down to about $1 per block, and decreasing as they go along)

My plan was to implement Hyperconomy into the current PvP map, everyone can then sell there items and become super rich (hooray!) You can all do what you please with your new money, each make some towns and start wars, whatever.

When the new PvP map rolls around, hopefully by then all the economy statistics (prices and stock) will all be well balanced. That way, everyones slack-earned money will be removed, we can all start with a clean slate, whilst both testing this new plugin, and finishing off this PvP in the best way I could possibly imagine (by fucking shit up naturally)

Everybody wins! (I hope)

I will install the hyperconomy within the next week, just so that everyone can let out there complaints, concerns and general banter in the mean time.
(I also plan to put in the chest shop plugin, so that players can get used to it, shortly after I test it out on my server, if you have any questions, or want to get to know these plugins more, either let me know and I can give you a quick tour on my dev server, or just google them, like normal people)

-Here's a link to someone elses explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zYD9bs4QQ

Cheers.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:57 am
SMP Moderator

^sounds like a proper solution

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3