[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Thinking about server games.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Thinking about server games. 
SMP Moderator

Post Thinking about server games.
I want to get out the ideas, and work towards games for the server. Meke has touched upon this idea before, and I feel that guests can really enjoy the server if they are able to get in there and do something more fun.

At this point I merely want to spin a few ideas around, that way we, as a server, can work towards some type of entertainment.

Everyone feel free to comment, there are no bad ideas, only stupid ideas. (I joke, post your ideas anyways)

These ideas can be bounced around and worked on, and if Xert could let us know what would be allowed and what isn't (we don't want to have a game that repetitively crashes the server)

Thanx :]
slatie

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:43 am
V.I.P. SMP Player

Post Re: Thinking about server games.
"we don't want to have a game that repetitively crashes the server"
rats... =p
but yeah... ive had ideas for games in mc... but they would only work in beta w/plugins :[

Edit: DDR anyone? xD

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:33 am
Owner

You guys can dig out the spleef map :P

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:19 am
Profile WWW
SMP Moderator

Spleef is fun and all... *COUGH*, for like one round.

No I was thinking more along the lines of CTF and zombiesurvival.

If someone was able to fork out ideas for games using physics, like castle survival (where you build a castle and then destroy each others using gun laser and tnt.)

Or any ideas that use buttons to do stuff or doors.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:41 pm
SMP Moderator

Dear god don't use zombie survival, all I know is last time it was used somehow the spawn world was changed.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:49 pm
SMP Moderator

Zombie Survival: BAD IDEA, causes massive lag and fucks the spawn over.

CTF: A bit buggy but a good idea, unless we set /tnt to guest, which could really end badly.

Spleef: Boring, but requires no physics whatsoever. Will save us a ton of lag but will require constant maintenance and the anti-grief to be turned off

Castle Defender...thing that slatie thought of: That would require a permission change for /gun which will turn out equally messy and lag us to submission.

MY SUGGESTION: maybe a Lava survival? Just a suggestion. Doesn't require alot of RAM to run and it wont lag the server too much...:D

Other than that...fuck it YOU DECIDE

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Long time no see everyone. Here's a couple of spleef variants I've seen.

Zombie spleef: basically the same as spleed, but when someone falls they can destroy blocks below the players.

"Rush" Spleef: thats just what I call it. basically you get a square spleef map with walls, and have a glass wall on one side. A mass of players press up against it outside the arena, then you /z it away. Players race across it destroying blocks as they go. The goals of the spleef are the same as the standard.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:25 pm
Admin

Spleef is gay.

I was actually waiting for Nat (Chubby) to finish his map, but the dick kept on changing it.

My idea was, to make Chub and maybe someone else some sort of Game Organizer ? (New Rank idea?).
The whole point was to have someone specified only for games, and making games all the time with the people (guests included).

But then again, Nat keeps resetting his map, and I never asked xert about it.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:51 pm
SMP Moderator

I agree about spleef, it's overdone, its boring, It's Gay.

I'm looking for broader ideas, stuff that includes teamwork, like peeps that have to press buttons to get through gauntlets; red vs blue games.

Thinking more towards the application of mc physics with ideas from popular games, like Worms or CoD.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:06 pm
SMP Moderator

How about something like team mazes or puzzles?

go through a maze or you have to do puzzles with other players like a co-op. If you set a trap or do something wrong, you die and have to start over again (or at least from last checkpoint)

Having an entire rank for this might be a bit hard, that would mean that you would have to appoint other people to become that rank, and all of the ops (including myself) probably don't want to change ranks unless it's a step above operator with a bigger cuboid.

Or we could just make a whole other server all together hat includes all the games

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next