[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - Promoting SMP
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Promoting SMP 
SMP Admin

Post Promoting SMP
It has come to my attention that we are not loading our server to what we are paying for. For this reason, I believe that we should take further measures to promote our server and increase our user base.

Survival games are fun to play. However, That fun reduces the less people there are on the server. Another issue is that we are penalizing them for trying to get more people to join their game especially if there are only 5 people on. The times that Xert bump the server and have around 30 or more people are on, that is when server hosting is fun. The thought of having all of the games running, plots buzzing and pvp bustling with excitement is humbling. This should not be every so often, it should be constant.

To remedy this problem. We should be able to increase out popularity just with PlanetMinecraft. However, if we don't get enough votes, I fear that this will not aid us.

I have attempted to increase our rating by having people click these links and up-vote.

Please upvote this server! http://goo.gl/2WKsu <- less buggy
http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/a ... -smp/vote/

Some people will vote and diamond. This is great. However, I believe we need to have a rank lower than builder that would get a [Diamonder] prefix. They would not be able to change the prefix but they would have some sort of reason to vote.

I am open to suggestions!

How would you make this sever more popular???

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Owner

Post Re: Promoting SMP
Remind me to bump more often >.<

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
SMP Admin

Yes, We could have multiple threads. The question i have is when to bump the server. I can try to use the old logs, if Xert saved them, to parse, compile and output a time of day that averages the most people on at what time(if we do not have somewhat recent logs saved, I can use current logs after 2 weeks). I can start work on that if it is needed. Otherwise, Slaite suggested it would not be a good idea to have a separate for diamonding.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
SMP Admin

Xert told me that a server can only be bumped once a day. For this reason, I was going to check when the most people are on the server on an average basis. The number of people online should vary directly with the number of people looking for servers to play on.

How many people did you have online on average?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Owner

Kyle is talking about bumping the Planet Minecraft listing. Nighttarga is talking about bumping forum posts.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
SMP Admin

So to average the peak times, how many days should I use? My first thought was around 14 - 20 days.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]