[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Apocalypse Pony SMP - View topic - DuelMe Inventory Methods
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 DuelMe Inventory Methods 
SMP Admin

Post DuelMe Inventory Methods

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:38 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: DuelMe Inventory Methods
I am not 100% sure what you are asking of this reply, but I think you want our opinions on how DuelMe will be set up without specifically giving scriptcodes?

If not, ignore this post. :P

I think that at the beginning of a "duel" (will now be called a Duel), each person should be given something like 10 gold nuggets.
Then there are item frames on a wall. If they hit a button under these frames, they lose n nugget and get this item.
ie: Wood Sword Free, Stone Sword 1 "Nugget", Iron Sword is 2, Diam is 4, Leather Armor 1 each, Iron Armor 2 each, Diam 3 each, etc.

Possible potion effects?

Anyways, I think the Duel could be a best of 3 with a 1-2 minute timer for each round so AFKing or running isn't a permanent option.

Consider these.

:D

-Mathgeek

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

This is a reply to Maths weird thing.
So your saying that we should camble for items?
thats seems a little low sinse Duel Arena is for fun, and the money is mainly used for PvP.

But we can have money as something that the winners win after every "major game" that happens maybe once in a while.
Like what Rehtims did with SG.

(This Is a Reply to Maths reply)

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 pm

No, no, no. I mean you would be able to make your own setup using nuggets given to you. It's like making a custom class, but you are limited to what you can get that is too OP. It's not a money system, it's just a way to find a class best for you. Are you better defensively of offensively? Maybe a mix of both? Make your own classes. It's not money like Towny, it's a way to get your own custom setup to fight how you like to.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:09 pm
V.I.P. SMP Player

Pirson and Xert as made it that most of the maps for Duel arena have there own class. Ie, Bows only, Close combat, Heavy armour and such.
I dont think this idea would work sinse each map has its own dedicated class.
And ofcourse, Having your own class makes it unfair for other players. Causing some players to hate Duel arena and stop playing it. Sometime it would create the game to be to long.
And if it was like Modern Warfare or battlefeild game setup, then people would just start camping.
And We all know that people dont like campers.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:58 am
SMP Admin

Math, before you keep posting you should try out the plugin so you can have an educated opinion about the issue rather than taking stabs in the dark. Sometime when you are online you can try it.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:35 am
Profile WWW

I would love to, but can't for anothe 2-3 weeks now. Exams and crap, parents don't want me distracted. I'm doing my best to keep active in the APOC community, even in Minecraft isn't an option. :(

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:42 pm
SMP Admin

I have made one change in the game mechanic. The new thing is that instead of dying you get teleported to the lobby. It is the same thing is in SG. Please discuss this as maybe dying would be a better experience, after all, you are fighting to the death. Again, we should decide on this as a whole.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]